Happy Earth Day! Here is a guide on a few ways to celebrate Earth Day with a little impact for either the environment or your connection to the Earth :
- Get outside and feel the earth underneath you. Walk to the store rather then driving.
- Bring a reusable bag with you for shopping, even at a clothing or other non grocery stores.
- Take a reusable cup to get your coffee from your favourite coffee shop.
- Grab your water bottle and fill it up instead of buying a bottled water.
- Try for one day to not use paper towel. Use a rag to clean up.
- Open a window for fresh air in your home.
- Turn off some lights. Have dinner by candlelight maybe?
- Pick up garbage in your neighbourhood.
- Thrift store shop, before making your way to a box store. Not just clothes but even appliances, sporting goods and furniture can be found!
- Find a new purpose for one thing in your home. Thinking about putting that glass pasta sauce jar in the recycle bin? Turn it into a pen holder, change collector or make your own batch of Kvass with it!