Yeah that's right, I said mugBread. Like banana bread? Because it taste like that. Uh huh, I created single serving banana bread, so you don't have to bake a whole damn loaf, wait an hour for it to bake, hour to cool and then resist eating more then a slice. Not to brag, but this is pretty amazing and the texture is spot on. Who am I kidding, I'm totally bragging. But this is my blog and I can do what I want. :* I love banana bread, LOVE banana bread. And based off my last post of my Protein Strawberry Shortcake Mugcake, you can gather, I'm pretty in love with mugcakes right now.
So here is what you need:
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein. I used Allmax natural vanilla. (15g)
- 3 tbsp Barley Flour (21g). Coconut flour, whole wheat flour etc would all work too, macro numbers would change slightly.
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/4 cup egg whites or two egg whites.
- 1/4 cup almond milk.
- Vanilla Stevia, could also use regular stevia to your taste with vanilla extract.
- 3/4 over ripe banana (70g)
- 1 tbsp enjoy life chocolate chips (15g)
- In a bowl mix vanilla protein powder, flour, baking powder, egg white, almond milk and stevia.
- Add most of the mashed banana. I added 50g. Save a bit to top with.
- Add half the chocolate chips.
- Spray your mug with non stick spray. I forget to mention my mug is a soup mug. Try and use a bigger mug!
- Pour mix into mug. Chips will settle at the bottom and that's okay.
- Cook for 2 minutes 15 seconds. This was perfect for my microwave, but check half way through. (also a good time to add a few more chocolate chips into the mixture!)
- Take cooked bread out, turn upside down onto a plate, top with remaining chips and banana.
- Enjoy the hell out of this!
Macros: *Note the carb may be higher then most mug cakes, this is due to the banana, hence why I'm calling it bread. But trust me they are so worth it baby.
Fat 7g, Carbohydrates 42g, Protein 25g, Fiber 6g