Protein Pumpkin Pie Pancakes, say that 3 times fast! Let me welcome September 1st with Pumpkin! Days of leaves turning, children heading to school and warm and delicious fall foods. I've never been one to go crazy for the pumpkin spiced latte like some, but pumpkin everything else, bring it on!!! These protein pancakes also have NO protein powder. I realize some people don't use it/have it, so I tried making this without.
Here is what you need:
- 2 tbsp cocoa (10g)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- stevia to taste. liquid or powder, a little goes a long way.
- 1/4 cup puree pumpkin. Not pie filling!
- 1/2 cup egg whites (4 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup almond milk, plus a splash more for the topping
- 1/4 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Put oats in food processor or blender until a flour like consistency. (Tip: I like to blend a bunch at a time and keep in a jar)
- Mix oats, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl mix stevia, pumpkin, egg whites, 1/4 cup almond milk and lemon juice.
- Heat non stick pan to medium.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Put mixture in pan. The batter is a little thicker and will need to be spread by the spoon, or add more milk to make it runnier.
- Flip when starts to bubble.
- In a small dish mix greek yogurt, stevia and dash of almond milk. Heat in the microwave for a few seconds (tip I got from one of coaches recipes!)
- Put topping on pancakes and enjoy!
Makes 4-5 pancakes.
Macros for entire recipe: Calories 299, Fat 4g, Carbohydrates 34g, Protein 27g, Fiber 10g!!