This is a super simple recipe meant to give a little extra something to boring old every day rice. My family gobbles it up without hesitation, even the kids! I like to make it along side chicken I've put some curry or spices on and voila a jazzed up regular old family dinner meal.
What you need:
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice.
- 1 can of coconut milk (equal to 2 cups), additional liquid will need to be added if using brown rice
- Optional: 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut, teaspoon of lime juice.
- Salt to taste
Directions (you know in case you're new to rice cooking):
- Put rice, coconut milk and optional coconut into a pot.
- Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until liquid is all absorbed. (10-15 minutes)
- Don't stir it, seriously just leave it until the liquid is gone.
- Add salt and/or lime.
- Serve and enjoy!
It's that simple! Do you have a special way of spicing up otherwise boring foods?