It's cold and rainy (actually even some snow!) here and it's a stay inside and be warm and cozy day!
Sooooo... it's perfect tomato soup time, especially since you likely don't have to go to the grocery store to get any ingredients. Super simple, super yummy.
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (or just smash up some actual tomatoes)
- 1 cup of broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 tbsp of basil. I used some dried stuff from my garden, fresh is great too.
- 1 cup of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw it all in a pot and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Canned tomatoes will need a longer cooking time to get the tin flavour out.
- Once simmered and reduced a bit, blend it to get a smooth texture. I used my hand immersion blender, but especially if you have a fancy big blender it would work too!
I'm curious how you eat your tomato soup? Here I've got a few croutons, sometimes I like to add cheese and almost always serve it with a grilled cheese sandwich!
Jen The Bitchin' Housewife