This week I got my first Organic Box delivery. I decided I would get the Original Organic Box. Since I get up to $60 worth of groceries for $55 (Who doesn't like saving $5?). They curate the box for you, but if you don't like something you can also swap it out from a drop down list of items.
Anyways, I decided I would mostly take the box they were offering and build our meals based off that. Today was chill Sunday in our house and it started off all grey and dreary here in Edmonton, so I decided I would turn on the oven and use the fingerling potatoes. These potatoes are fluffy on the inside and nice and crispy on the outside.
These potatoes take just a little bit more work then the usual quick meals, but that's what Sundays are for right? Slowing down and taking some time. That said, since they finish in the oven, it frees up space on the stove top to cook whatever else you've got going on.
What you need:
- Fingerling potatoes (I used about 2-3 per person)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil a large pot of water.
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks. Leaving the skin on.
- Put the potatoes into the boiling water, cooking until a little tender, but still firm.
- Take out and strain the potatoes.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and seasonings.
- Cook in the oven until starting to crisp on the outside (about 10-15 minutes).
Enjoy! Get $20 off your first Organic Box order of $50 or more using the code ORGANICBUNCH20.
Jen The Bitchin' Housewife