A free full body workout from home or the park.
The weather is warmer and you likely don't want to be trapped inside a gym. Take your workout to the backyard or playground with your kids with this full body workout.
You can do as many rounds as you'd like but I recommend three with breaks in between. Warm up with some jogging (actual or on the spot) and/or jumping jacks. If you are a postpartum mom and need less impact (read Why You Pee During Your Workout) take to some bodyweight squats.
Cool down with some stretching and remember to rehydrate!
- High knees - get your knees up toward your chest. 20 per leg
- Glute bridge raises - lie on your back with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Lift the butt off the ground and squeeze the glutes.
- Pushups - hands on the ground outside of the shoulders. Start from knees and work up to from feet.
- Squat jumps - squat down, keep the chest up (look forward) and jump up. Option to bodyweight squat instead or grab your toddler/baby on your back.
- Walking lunges - hands can be on the hips for balance. 20 per leg
- Tricep dips - hands on the ground or a bench with fingertips pointing toward your feet. Bend at the elbows, do not swing hips up and down.
Jen The Bitchin' Housewife