So the gym is doing a Halloween bake sale to raise money for toys and stuff in the daycare. Since I go a lot, I offered to bake something. At first I said sugar cookies. But then rethinking, it's a gym. If we want their money we need macro/calorie friendly protein rich items! So here I made this muffin. Not to bad if you ask me!
Ingredients (Makes 18 medium muffins):
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 pcs of 70% baking chocolate
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder. I used Allmax All natural so the chocolate taste isn't as strong as some.
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tins or add wrappers.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and put aside.
- Put the egg whites in a mixer and start beating to get some air into the eggs.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil on the stove. Use a medium low heat to avoid burning. Watch and mix often, it will melt quickly.
- Whisk cold Almond milk into the coconut oil and chocolate mixture to cool it down before adding to the eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into muffin tin and bake for 8-12 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
Eat like this or my favourite is to put peanut butter on top!!!!! Let me know what you think!