Ooooo I love roasted chickpeas. I make them in a few flavors, but the honey and cinnamon are hitting the spot today for a bit of sweetness! These are fairly simple to make, high in fiber and easy to put in containers for on the go snacks.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- optional 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse chickpeas under water in a strainer.
- Place chickpeas on a cookie sheet or pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set temperature at 350 degrees.
- Mix cinnamon, honey and optional salt in a bowl.
- Stir in the chickpeas and coat evenly.
- Spread chickpeas back out onto the sheet and in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
As my daughter says "they start sweet and then nice and crunchy!" A nice healthy snack and they make the house smell soooooo good while cooking.