This week on my Facebook Page and Instagram I've been talking a lot about doing things outside of our comfort zones. Trying something new and bold and maybe even out of character. I even had a friend message me on Twitter about how she went out of her comfort zone and tried a hot yoga class and loved it. Maybe it's that fall air, but everyone seems to be ready to stir things up. I'm not much into astrology, but I'm sure there's shift in some moons or something causing it! Ha ha.
So this, week's Self Care seemed fitting to be trying out a new fitness class. I will be trying to right about some local places here (leave me a comment here on on my media channels about where I should try!), but in the meantime I have a few great ideas.
- You can head to your local gym. I personally may be so inclined to invite you to come to a World Health Club (ahem) and try a class. Or many. I love the variety from step classes, lifting classes, Zumba, yoga, spin, or kickboxing etc etc etc!
- I also wrote this blog post about trying out a barre class at a local place called Xtend Barre, if you are wondering what that is all about.
- At your local community league you might find Yoga, Zumba or Tai Chi.
- Call up a martial arts dojo and inquire about a drop in class.
- Check out a Cycle Studio.
- Maybe try out a dance class!
Whatever you are thinking about trying, or have always wondered about, just try it this week. Jump with both feet in. Many places offer free classes for the first time or a special weekly drop in rate for first timers.
To help maybe ease the anxiety, see if a friend or family member want to go with you. I bet you more people than you think have been wondering what pole workouts are all about.
Also.... let's think about using wording like "I need more practice" and "this is a new way to move my body" then the usual things that come out of our mouths like "I suck at this" or "I'm out of shape". It's self love people, not a new way of finding self hate. We get enough of that, don't ya think?
Definitely come back and tell me how it went! Send me a message on my FB, Twitter or IG! I'd love to hear how you took a step outside of your comfort zone.
Jen The Bitchin' Housewife