These Kale chips are nutritious and more importantly satisfyingly delicious. Last week in my Organic Box order I got some curly kale. I LOVE kale. Sadly I forgot about it in one of my crisp drawers (because my whole fridge was FULL of awesome fruits and veggies!).
When you leave kale a bit to long it starts to turn a tad bitter and gets a slight yellow colour. Usually people throw it away, but before you do this make this kale chips. You wont regret it. You can leave the spice out if it's not your thing or add more so tiny little hands wont want any. Muah ha ha ha.
Kale is rich in beta-cerotene, Vitamin C, K an folate. Kale is also easily absorbed, has antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps lower cholesterol, balance hormones and stimulate digestion.
Nutritional yeast is vegan option for a cheesey and nutty flavour, packed with nutritional goodness including B12, which is good for stress management. It can be found at bulk stores and some grocery stores and health food stores. If you dont have it use garlic powder instead for some flavour!
- 4 stems of kale
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (or garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the hard stems and rough chop the kale.
- Toss kale in the olive oil, yeast, flakes and salt.
- Spread out on a sheet/cookie pan.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes. Time really varies on how you like your kale chips. I like mine in between crunch and a tad wet so I leave them about 12 minutes. Check them regularly.
- Enjoy them ALLLLLLLLL!
Get $20 off your Organic Box Order (when you buy Kale right?) using the code ORGANICBUNCH20 !
Jen The Bitchin' Housewife