Hey guys, I'm back again with Self Care Sunday. I was gone last weekend because of training and being caught up in a million things at once, so I took my own advice and instead of pressuring myself to write I took some time to relax.
This weekend I had a post planned for you but I attended the Wellness on Whyte's Fine Tune at Noon event and I was inspired to write something else. My dear friend Chris and I went together and both came out all blissed out on the other side. At first we did the 6 healing sounds (watch their blog for info on these), then was given acupuncture, aromatherapy and tuning forks. While the entire room had to be serviced you were left to hang out in your own mind for a while. A relaxing meditative experience for sure.
So, brings me to today's Self Care post. Doing something for the soul. I like to think that all my self care posts are nurturing for the soul, but realize maybe while doing these things we can still be caught up in our own heads and thoughts. All this chatter about why we can or can not do something, or how we should be doing something else and so on.
This week seek out something that sets fire to your soul. Find one thing to do that makes you feel good inside. Without restrictions or limitations. Don't worry if people will stare or what others might think of you. Something you are interested in, always wanted to do and/or you have forgotten you love. This is about you going deep inside and finding something that makes your heart sing.
A few ideas:
- Coloring or painting. At home or find a paint night.
- Singing your favorite song at the top of your lungs. In the car, shower or random farmers field.
- Attending a meditation class/workshop.
- Dancing in the rain. You're Gene Kelly in the movie Dancing In The Rain.
- Rolling down a hill.
- Skinny dipping in the lake.
- Writing a story.
- Taking a city class. Learn to cook Indian food or knit or karate chop!
- Plan a girls night and laugh until your cheeks hurt.
What is something you love to do? Whats something that sets fire to your soul?