Outdoor Stairs Workout
Nice warm weather calls us to places like city stairs for workouts. Stairs are a great workout cardiovascularly and for the the butt and legs. Add a little bit of upper body work and you've got your full body workout in!
Walk up the stairs for the first set. Reaching the top you can do a few stretches if you;d like before coming back down
- Pick up the pace a bit (if you can) going up the stairs.
- At the top do 10 Tricep Dips. Can be done off a bench, rock, top stairs or from the ground.
- walk down the stairs.
- At the bottom for 10 push ups. Can be done from the ground and feet, ground and knees, of off the last few steps.
Third Set +
For the third set up to as many as you can do, repeat steps for the second set, just adding a bit more speed either up and/or down.
- Bring a small rock from the bottom of the stairs up each time you do a set to keep track of how many you have done.
- Set goals for the amount of sets you want to do. Maybe each week you add a set.
- Set time goals for how quickly you complete sets or workouts.
- Increase the reps of the push ups and/or tricep dips occasionally to 12 or 15+.