I love stuff I can make at home for skin care. Because A) I know what in it and B) well, to be honest I hate running out of stuff and having to drag my two kids to the store. Or waiting to long before it runs out to reorder it from wherever.
This facewash is soooooooo simple and so good for your skin. I took it camping and made my face feel fresh even when all grungy and camping.
What you need:
- Brewed chammomile tea. 1/2 cup
- Castile Soap, 1/4 cup
- Almond Oil, 1/2 tbsp
- Lavender Essential Oil, 2-4 drops
*Tip: You can usually find all these ingredients at a health food store! And there are many many uses for all these ingredients!
1.Brew the tea. I made a strong cup and let it brew a while. Chammomile is moisturizing, while being an anti imflammatory, helps retore natural pH levels and provides some sun protection even.
I found this awesome tea EARTH TEA where they help feed starving children of the world through the United Nation World Food Programme. Their tea is also grown right here in Alberta. I mean you can use whatever tea brand you want, but supporting local farmers AND feeding starving children, I'm in.
2. Put castile soap into a medium bowl. I used the lavender here, but you can use whichever suits you or you have. Lots of recipes I've seen calls for the baby one. I have also heard to avoid the citrus. I'll get to why I used Lavender a little further down.
3.Add Almond oil. Almond Oil is an antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti inflammatory. It helps reduce irritation, itching and promote healing of the skin and scars you may have.
4. Add a few drops of Lavender essential oil. Maybe you're really into oils and want to add you own mix and that rocks. I used lavender soap and oil because Lavender is also an antiseptic and anti fungal. Additionally it is a calming scent for nerves and anxiety. Maybe stress is adding to your blemishes and calming those nerves helps with breakouts? Try it out?
5. Add cooled tea to mix and put into containers. I started with this small batch. I got a small bottle and put the rest in a glass jar. Just make sure to shake before using. It comes out a bit runny so be careful, but it's super super sudsy!
Enjoy and let me know how it works out!