Healthy Holiday Recipe!
Don't get me wrong I LOVE indulging in the Holiday yumminess, but I like to balance it out with some of the healthier things too. So I thought I would put together some of my Organic Box ingredients for a lovely Rosemary Goat Cheese Quiche.
I love quiches because they are relatively easy to make and are a pretty balanced meal nutritionally. The eggs give it a great source of protein, cheese adding healthy fats, pis crust for energy from the carbohydrates and of course you get your veggies thrown in too!
They taste delicious fresh from the oven or the next day cold or warmed up! Perfect for Holiday potluck parties or lunch for work!
Ingredients (makes 2 quiches):
- 2 pie crusts. I buy them premade but you can also make them yourself!
- 12 eggs
- 2 handfuls of spinach.
- 1 handful of grape tomatoes
- half an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Lets make Quiche!
- Preheat he oven to 350 degrees.
- Pre bake the pie shells for 5-8 minutes. This helps the bottom be crispy under the egg mixture.
- Turn on a pan to medium heat with olive oil. saute onions and garlic until onions are soft.
- Chop up rosemary, spinach and tomato.
- Toss veggies, eggs, onion and garlic into a bowl. Mix really well.
- Add egg mixture into two pie shells.
- Add crumbled goat cheese into the pies.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. You may need longer, a good way to tell is the center doesn't jiggle when moved a bit and there is some browning on top.
TIP: If you want to take down the fat content a bit you can replace half the eggs with egg whites! for every egg replaced, use to egg whites.
Also get $20 off your first order at The Organic Box using the code "OrganicBunch20"