Happy Easter! This weekend of course we made the obligatory Easter eggs and as usual I make quiche afterwards. When I was growing up we didn't hard boil the eggs. My mom would poke holes in the top and bottom and we would blow the yolks and white into a bowl. I'm assuming because my mom didn't want to waste the eggs. And rightly so. I hate wasting food so I do this as well and use the eggs for dinner!
I happened to have some pre made frozen crusts in the freezer I use but if you feel ambitious (or have special dietary needs) you can make your own!
- 7 eggs
- one pie crust (pre made or hand made)
- 1 cup of chopped up broccoli
- 1/4 of an onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- (I sometimes will thrown in powdered garlic and/or dill)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the crust in the oven for 5 minutes to prebake.
- Mix eggs, broccoli, onion, tomato, salt, pepper and half of the cheese into a bowl. Mixing well.
- Put the mixture into the crust and use the rest of the cheese to cover the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes in the oven.
Super easy! Especially if you use the pre made pie shells!
Jen The Bitchin' Housewife