I love recipes that allow me to throw whatever is in the fridge into a meal, especially if it can be healthy. As we all do I believe. So loosely take what I have for ingredients and use whatever you'd like.
What you need for this recipe:
- 3 bell peppers (more or less depending on the amount of people you have.
- 1 cup of precooked rice. This is great to do if you have leftover rice from the day before or food prepping. I used leftover brown rice.
- half an onion
- 2 tbsp garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of kale/spinach
- 1 cup of kidney beans. Other options could be cooked ground beef or chicken or any other bean you have on hand.
- 1 cup of cheese of choice. We used marble, but mozzarella or goat cheese would be fabulous.
- salt and pepper and/or any other seasonings you love.
- Preheat he oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in the pan and add the onions and beans until tender. Or you can add your meat of choice until cooked.
- Add the garlic and the greens until wilted.
- Add the rice to warm it up, if it's been cold in the fridge from leftovers.
- Cut the peppers in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Add cooked mixture to the inside of each half.
- Top with cheese.
- Put the peppers on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven until the cheese is melted and the peppers are soft. I like to put on broil the last minute to get the cheese to bubble.
What's in the fridge that you will put in yours?