I mostly eat Kale in raw form in a salad, but I might have left it in the fridge a tad too long and it lost some of it's crispiness, so I thought I would cook it up. Since I didn't leave it to cook to long, it still have some texture to it, because I HATE soggy greens!
- Bundle of kale. I get mine organic from The Organic Box.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pinch of chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium.
- Rough chop the kale, leaving the stems in. Leaving the stems in will add more crunchiness if you like more texture like me.
- Toss the kale and garlic into pan and mix around to get well coated with the olive oil. I may have also added a touch more oil then the 2 tbsp listed above.
- Cook until warm but still slightly crunchy. Each type of kale will take a different amount of time, also depending on the texture you like. Here I have dinosaur kale (also known as black kale).
- The last minute of cooking add the chili pepper flakes. Of course adding to the heat you like. Remember with chili flakes a little can go a long way!
- Add salt and pepper to tasting and remove from the pan.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve and eat right away.
Nutritional Information about Kale
- One cup of kale has 70% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C!
- Minerals include: Copper, Iron and Calcium
- Vitamins include: B1, B2 and E
- High in chlorophyll, carotenes, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin.