Meditation is a wonderful tool used to help us check in with ourselves and breathe. A chance to be mindful of ourselves and connect with what we really want and feel.
Meditation has been known to:
- Reduce stress
- Alleviate symptoms of mood disorders, anxiety and depression
- Improve focus, attention and ability to work under stress.
- Improve mental resilience and emotional intelligence.
- Reduce blood pressure
- And many more benefits. Please check out this wonderful article of 76 Scientific Benefits of Meditation
This 6 week class is for all levels from brand new to meditation to seasoned meditator. These meditation classes are non religious and separate from a spirituality practice.
Over the course of the 6 weeks we will cover:
- Different sitting/lying postures for meditation
- Different techniques from fully guided, self guided and yoga nidra.
- Breathing techniques.
- Developing of a home practice.
Date: September 28 - November 2nd, 6 Thursday Evenings
Time: 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
Location: 5645 Riverbend Road (Inside the Music Together of Northern Lights Studio)